Angry I need advice on my Mits split system.

Last year I installed my Mitsubishi Mini-Split system (MXZ2B20NA) with two coils in two separate bedrooms (MSZG06NA, MSZG09NA).. Everything is fine, great unit. But my children refuse to remember to turn the units off when leaving the house every day and the units run needlessly all day long.
    I would like to install a small L.E.D. style tell tale indicator light in the main hallway from each of the coils. This way I could easily see when the unit or units are left on, or off.
    Which of the control wires should I run the indicator light off of ??? I do not want to run another wire from the condenser outside, but rather tap into the coils control panel lines.
    The system is a Mitsubishi MXZ2B20NA R-410-a 220 volt system. I have three wires going to each of the coils (MSZG06NA, & MSZG09NA) control panels terminals, S-1 S-2 S-3 What is the best way to add an indicator light and what terminals should I tap off of.
    I would greatly appreciate any advise or input
    Thanks
    Woody3882@aol.com

Re: I need advice on my Mits split system.

train your kids- indoor service manual- no info on external interfaces, killing power supply, s1,s2 will throw comms error up, s3 cannot be switched as its a pulsed signal-
    http://www.acdirect.com/media/catalo...HPOpManual.pdf

Re: I need advice on my Mits split system.

Hi there,

The S3 from the outdoor unit may be a 12/24v supply energised when control is initiated that could be used to power a small led or with the use of a relay could energise a 240v light? You will have to test the voltage of S3 before and after switching the coil on.

Or just fit a timer to the supply of the coil(s)??