hookster is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

UK Elections and the Fridge Engineer

Hi All
    If like me you are a bit sick and tired of listening to all the 'Pie in the sky' election promises that fill my airwaves in the van while I roll along in the stop start traffic from job to job. I thought about a couple of things on the perspective from us 'Worker Ants'

The national careers service is the start, where would be young persons look to become a 'Fridge engineer' or any other trade.
    https://nationalcareersservice.direc...gengineer.aspx

Trainees can earn between £11,000 and £19,000 a year, depending on the stage of training. Newly-qualified workers may earn between £20,000 and £25,000 a year. Experienced workers with supervisory duties may earn from £26,000 to £35,000 a year.

That means we are earning as experienced engineers between £80 and £100 a day.
    The average take home wage in London is £100 a day

There was the recent case of a Politician who resigned because his £90 000 salary before expenses and living allowances was too low to live on but he is a small fish see the link below.
    http://wageindicator.co.uk/main/pay/vip-celebrity-salary/uk-politician-salary

All I can say is we are going to have to adjust our charging rates for certain people

I love the smell of Ammonia in the morning!

Re: UK Elections and the Fridge Engineer

Unfortunately some, who have been hoping for a secure and bright future....simply give up.
    Cast your preference and move on because nothing seems to change, no matter which side rules at the end of the day.
    Chemi's post is absolutely accurate.
    Last edited by mikeref; 07-05-2015 at 08:45 AM. Reason: I censored my response to avoid possible fractions.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Brilliant Chemi!