Daikin BRC1C51/61

Hi all,

Is there anyway to lock the key functions on this remote. I want to prevent temp changes and fan speed changes. Only operation button remaining basically.

thanks

Rick

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Daikin BRC1C51/61

Just read a manual from an Australian site and it doesn't show any keylock instructions tons.
    http://www.morphettair.com.au/daikin...s-and-manuals/
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Radlam View Post
    Hi all,

Is there anyway to lock the key functions on this remote. I want to prevent temp changes and fan speed changes. Only operation button remaining basically.

thanks

Rick
    There are ways to do what you want but applying the Level Access function on the remote controller will not do it as, even in level 3, the temp buttons and fan speeds are still available.

To lock out the temp adjust button, this can be achieved if you fit a KRP accessory. There is a dip switch on the KRP2A (VRV) and KRP4A (Skyair) to prevent temp changes via the RC.

The attached pages from the BRC installation manual show you how to set up the access levels via the Field settings and then a series of button presses to move between the selected level and Level 1

The entire manual was too large to attach as a single file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by frank; 13-04-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Thank you for the info,

Are the newer style remotes which have the lock function compatible as a replacement for existing controllers. It's a split ducted unit. I know MHI you can replace old controllers with the latest Eco touch.

thanks

The BRC1E controller is backward compatible so you could replace the BRC1C no problem.

The BRC1E has the lock out functions you need. Press the centre button once, then press and hold the centre button to bring up the lock out function screen.