Daikin R407C VRV

After a bit of know how please chaps.

Got a some jobs to do on a site with a few of the above VRV's and just doing my homework before the big day.

Ducted unit requires new PCB. Is there anything to do before or after with regards to addressing? Unit is wired to one remote which doesn't control any other units.

Wall mount coming out and staying out for good on another system. Again just on its own remote. How do I go about telling the system about the change - is it just hold the button down (reset one?) outdoors for a few secs to get the outdoor to rescan the network?

To further complicate things (or perhaps not!) there is a central controller of some description. Not sure if these units are on it but of they are is there anything here which needs to be tinkered with?

Not got any indoor model numbers but the outdoor is of the RSEYP8KJY1 3 pipe vintage.

Cheers,
    Andy.

Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

Re: Daikin R407C VRV

you set the address on the dedicated brc controller- get the address prior to changing pcb, prob got a daikin centralised controller- with all them lil squares on it- will serach for manuals as the units your gonna remove will need deleting out the group

k series- check ur e mail

Yep, got it.
    Got a little bedtime reading...

do you need an inverter testing guide? haha

Thanks to Monsieur Monkey, manual came in handy.

Unit being removed wasn't on the central remote it turns out so not much drama there.

One with the new PCB if anyone is interested you can confirm if it's on a central controller by holding test down for a few secs. If 00 comes up instead of the normal 10 for field settings then it is and the central controller address is in the bottom left so make a note of it. When firing up the new one, go back to 00, timer up button to cycle to the right address then timer mode button to confirm. Reset outdoor from the button on PCB and off you go.

During the course of the works it turned out another unit couldn't be switched into cooling as central remote holding it off. Nice man at Daikin said controllers too old and no one knows much about them. Manual to be emailed when he finds it and over to you to figure out the code, can't beat that for service can you. Job for Alan Turing I guess. :-)

Thanks again and points when I'm allowed to give them.

Cheers,
    Andy.
    Last edited by Tayters; 19-04-2015 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Scatterbrain.