Metric fridge pipe

Which wholesalers sell metric fridge pipe?

Training may be finished but experience is never complete.

Re: Metric fridge pipe

what u piping up?

Its to repair an obscure Italian walkin kit that has no name or data plate on it, the pipe work has been damaged and the gas has leaked out. I made the mistake of thinking it was 1/2" and 3/4". As the pipework is going to be seen, I couldn't get away with squeezing out the gap on the pipe to braze them, so I am going to re pipe all of the 30 foot section from the pot in the air handler out to the condensor.

might be the only option- might be worth using tube expanders on the 1/2,3/4 so you can open it up a bit instead of using a swaging block as you can make it fit tighter

The only thing is most of the pipework is factory prefabricated and has some kind of flare/coupling connection to join up sections of the pipe. I've only ever seen these couplers on Hobart and Winterhalter dishwasher heat pumps, and they seem to be popular on European equipment that isn't designed to function wholly as a fridge but as a water pre heating source. And I'm wanting to re root the pipework as the previous installer hadn't adequately supported the line set, allowing it to get damaged. If push comes to shove I'll have to just squeeze the gaps up on the joints and braze them, other than that a new system will be required.

old qualitair units used to have a 5 1/16 liq line with drier on it- when doin a pot change we had to use a 3/8 drier, braze 3 inch of 3/8 on it and swage the 3/8 with the 5 1/16 head to get connected as no did 5 1/16 pipe on the shelf

Yes I know what you mean by shoving a smaller pipe in the next size up, but the owner is finicky and won't even accept a different brand of light switch being used to swap a faulty one. Also with having no data on the system, I don't want to increase or decrease line capacity and cause compressor loading problems. As any increase in his electric bill will be picked up on and he will start asking questions.

as long as your fridge, keeps your beers cold-