Hi

I have a problem with my Electrolux Fridge Freezer Model 7946B , at first the temp in the Fridge was getting high at times (9C) then for awile it would be ok down to 2C .
So I purchased a new Thermostat Ranco K59( chinese I think ) and fit it , but then the F/F would not switch of, the fridge was going down to -4 .
So I fit a timer for the time being to switch on for 1 hour and then of for 20min , that was keeping the Fridge to around 0C/3C .
I then ordered a Original RANCO Thermostat , fit that and it is still the same ,the fridge is getting down to -3C and still not switching of.

Fitting the Thermostat was quite straight forward , the Capillery tube just went straight into the Fridge from the top then behind the Evaporator plate and looped around a plastic clip at the back of the plate then a screw pulled it up to the back of the plate , the clip kept the tube about 1/2 mm Wy from touching the plate .

It has got me beat , I did serve my time has a Electrician ( albeit a long time ago ) so I have got a bit of savvy .

spike