Hybrid View

Use of FRP Insulated Underground Storage Tanks for Off Peak Chilled Water Storage

Hello to All,

We have constant enquiries regarding the use of Inverter Driven Chiller/Heater Units to Chill or Heat water in Off Peak times. As a composites designer from many years ago we have access to Insulated FRP underground tanks to store chilled/heated water. (from 5000 litres to 100,000 litres)
    Does anyone out there now how you calculate the volume needed to A/C a home 250 sq meters for the 10 hrs when power is at its peak charge rates? I have made some calcs but would dearly love some confirmation.
    The system is designed with separate fan coil units to each room, giving the ability to shut down rooms when not being used. Typically only half the 250 sq meters is used at any one time.
    Look forward to any advise that is out there, really appreciate it.
    Will post results of our first install once I can get it all together.

Many thanks

Re: Use of FRP Insulated Underground Storage Tanks for Off Peak Chilled Water Storage

Hi Gordon
    interesting idea, can you send me a PM with contact details.
    Magoo

Re: Use of FRP Insulated Underground Storage Tanks for Off Peak Chilled Water Storage

This aught to be interesting......

Could be fun, too, Mike.