181090 Guest

portable electric oil pump

Hello

I am looking for a portable electric oil pump for adding oil to ammonia systems that can pump against discharge pressure (up to about 15bar) i've had a look around the forums but cannot really find anything conclusive.

Needs to be from the UK really.

I'd be interested to see what you guys are using or whether you concoct your own method rather than using a silly little hand pump to add 100's of litres! Had a decent one at my last firm but never took notice of who made it/where it came from!

Thanks
    Last edited by 181090; 05-02-2015 at 09:02 PM.

Re: portable electric oil pump

Hi I got a hydraulic pump 240v and it pumps 10,000psi it weighs about 10kg with the motor and I've installed a non return valve in 3/8 line,
    Before that I use a old york j body pump modified with a small motor, but it leaked at the dog tang only small bit

Re: portable electric oil pump

As per Ghaz.
    Go to a hydraulic company, ask for a close coupled small gear pump with a single phase motor, mine is an Italian gear pump Salami or similar, definitely a check valve on discharge to prime hoses. Put a bypass relief across discharge to suction so as to stop dead heading and stalling.