T/K SB-III VE Distributor fuel injector pump leaking fuel.. Need help!!!!

Hello Professional people, I have serious problem; and need help with this issue. I just bought a older reefer trailer(1993) with a thermal king SB-3 unit. It runs greats, besides having a leak in the VE Distributor fuel injector pump!!! I removed the pump and cleaned it up and replaced the seals and bushings. Now i reinstalled the pump and the unit will not start, cranks but no turn over! Is it possible to have air in line, or maybe off timing somehow??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: T/K SB-III VE Distributor fuel injector pump leaking fuel.. Need help!!!!

You always need to bleed a diesel system after works like that.

Cracking the injected joints.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Check the timing did you align all the marks before removal

Thank you for responding, No i did not; is there something i can do now to get back on track??

You need to take the pump off again there is a cover which is on the timing case and from memory remove it manually turn the engine clockwise until you see marks on the injection pump drive gear

Have a word with a yanmar dealer or thermoking dealer to get the exact procedure.

From memory there is a small inspection cover on the timing case which you can see the gear that drives the pump stamped into it is dots I think then the gear it meshs with has one dot or vice versa you rotate clockwise until they align remove pump that has a mark that aligns to a line on the pump seem to think it tries to move off the mark when registering as it's on a cam,hope that info helps you

That engine maybe an Isuzu not sure but think I am right with the procedure

Quote Originally Posted by cadwaladr View Post
    That engine maybe an Isuzu not sure but think I am right with the procedure
    You're right, it would be an Izuzu. There are two inspection covers on the front timing cover. Rotate the engine until the dot on the camshaft gear lines up with the mark on the timing cover. Then install the injection pump so the dot on the injection pump gear lines up with the indicator on the front cover. Hope you didn't move the three nuts on the slotted holes that hold the pump to the mounting flange. Future reference, line up the timing marks before removing the pump. Much easier than getting your head in to see the camshaft gear mark. Those pump leaks are common now with low sulfur diesel. The top cover o-ring can be changed without removing the pump.

2.2 timing.PNG

See attached

Great reply spread the love my memory is fading fast,on the hoof and all that!