panasonic inverter CS E9FKR,CU E9FKR, error codes please, intermittent fault

Hi, called a service company recommended by panasonic and was told there is a 2 week wait.....I have somebody else who will come in a day or two but has not worked on panasonics for a few years, does not know my model well. .
    I checked for the error code on the remote control; and got 2 bars showing, did not hear any beeps (but then i dont hear high pitch much.)
    (24 hrs later)... just read the instructions again , found error code H16..
    Does any one know what this means.
    How do you clear the error code ?

My unit is 7 years old the first time the unit just stopped operating, no flashing light, power light still on.
    I turned power off , cleaned filters (just in case) It seemed to be working OK. A couple of days later it stopped with flashing timer light , so i found out the code, i think..
    Today i turned power to both units off while I took the cover off the outside unit for a look.
    Did not see anything . Turned power back on, started unit and it seemed to working ok.
    Power reset??
    Turned power off again, had a look at the circuit board of outdoor unit and found some small 1-2 mm animal/insect bodies. I have previously saved other circuit boards that have failed due to ****roaches by cleaning so i cleaned the side of the board facing up.
    How do I remove the whole board? i would like to look at the underside.
    Thanks,
    Oops , forgot to ask , does anyone know where I could get a service manual for this model i could show my fridgy when he comes.?,
    Last edited by fixit45; 05-01-2015 at 01:46 AM. Reason: new information

Re: panasonic inverter CS E9FKR,CU E9FKR, error codes please, intermittent fault

I put my money on the compressor needing replacement.

Re: panasonic inverter CS E9FKR,CU E9FKR, error codes please, intermittent fault

I have the H16 fault code check list if you provide an email address I can send it to you.

thanks rude.. [email]
    Last edited by fixit45; 07-01-2015 at 11:40 PM. Reason: deleting personal email...

Update....Found out error code H16 "current transformer problem.. power transistor module or outdoor PCB faulty, Very low gas."
    Decided to check price of circuit board... Authorised parts dealer say PCB is no longer available. The unit is exacly 7 years old, Only ever used at night time in a small room when temp over about 25.. not much use.!!
    So.. I better hope it is very low gas .

I will send you the details when I get home.

the original fault code says it is the PCboard but 9/10 it is the compressor.

Hold tight I will send you the updated fault diagnostics tonight

hi.. forgot to mention , unit has been running , seemed ok. BUT fridge mate checked gas this afternoon,said not low gas problem. I left unit running for a couple of hours . went back and blowing air but not cold.no error light. turned off and on.. then timer error light flashing. code h 16 in remote control.
    no icing up on any part of out door or indoor unit..

hi.. thanks rude for info...you may be right that its the compressor but can't be sure without further testing of gas pressure while running. If it is the outdoor PCB.. part no lomger available . If the compressor , then about $400 plus install.. one installer says $300-$400?? But if the PCB failed today /tomorrow. I ahave a new compressor in macine withoiut a circuit board.
    I have a quote for a swap out to new panasonic , same pipe size, same mounting etc of $450. After I buy unit ..
    Looks like I have to bite the bullet .. get a new unit.
    Meanwhile , old unit works sometime, . When it stops , turn off circuit breaker , wait a while start again.. reset all the clocks in th house on this circuit.
    THanks for your help rude!!
    Last edited by fixit45; 07-01-2015 at 12:13 PM.

It was a known fault with the FKR model that when the unit would fail on H16 the compressor needed to be changed.

Unfortunatly for you it didn't happen within the warrenty period.

Personally i would swap out the split for a newer one.

Yep!!
    Just ordered one , seems a shame 7 years old , not used much.
    Thanks for your help rude...