Thread: Hello All!

Hello All!

Hi everybody.
    Happy Christmas.

I have joined this forum as I come with a project. I am working for a Charity (clear-Sky) and they would like to produce one of these:

http://m.jinlisheng.com/sdm/202776/4...eam_Machi.html

I am a product designer but no nothing of the refrigeration requirements to make one of these work! Just wondering if anyone here would be able to assist?

Would be great to hear from any engineer that might be able to help design the cooling system to instantly freeze the mixture to make ice cream!

Thanks!

Mark - mark@clear-sky.org.uk

hookster is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

Re: Hello All!

Hi Mark
    It is simple to produce but I question if it would be cost effective over import. We pay a premium on our equipment as it too is imported and individual item costs are high plus UK labour rates.

As a project for yourself an old freezer low back pressure compressor can be converted to make the ice cream freeze plate. an expansion copper tube coil silver soldered to back of 'fry plate' and fed by capillary tube.
    you want to be evaporating about -20 on plate, obviously once you source your plate and compressor, condenser it can be sized.
    I love the smell of Ammonia in the morning!

you can get sorbet machines on e bay for 500 quid

Many thanks, Hookster.

The concept would be to incorporate these into custom trolleys so that the charity could use them at events.
    As such, we were looking to produce a few carts here in the UK using readily available equipment, as you suggest.
    It would be great to work with someone to specify the equipment and help build the first prototype! The specification of the plate and trolley is understood - we are in need of someone that can help with the bits between 'the plate and the plug', so to speak. Supply based on 230/10amp domestic or 16/32a single phase at events.

Thanks!