bitzer compressor lip

Please I need help , my compressor Bitzer Model 4P-10.2-35 have a problem all pistons had broken and now I am making complete overhauling but the problem there's a small edge in the pistons place ( piston head ) the pistons can not go out side because of this edge what I can do ? this is the 1st time I see this ?
    what the reason of the edge ?

Re: bitzer compressor lip

Quote Originally Posted by mostafaabdalla4 View Post
    Please I need help , my compressor Bitzer Model 4P-10.2-35 have a problem all pistons had broken and now I am making complete overhauling but the problem there's a small edge in the pistons place ( piston head ) the pistons can not go out side because of this edge what I can do ? this is the 1st time I see this ?
    what the reason of the edge ?
    Possibly excessively worn cylinders.
    Unless oversize pistons available, machine is throw a away.
    If you can instal a new piston ring in worn cylinder it may be obvious how much cylinder is worn.

Re: bitzer compressor lip

Hi Mostafa
    If you can't get the piston out of the cylinder then I would say the bores are so badly worn that the piston rings or what's left is catching.
    As Ranger has said this will be a throw away. The cost of re-sleeving the bores and replacing all the worn parts would probably be much more then the cost of a new compressor.
    I have seen this sort of wear on old recip compressors fairly often but these have been large ammonia machines and it was worthwhile repairing, but you have a small 4 cylinder compressor.
    Regards
    Paul
    Born to fish, forced to work