New boat, New problem

Hi again guys,

Ive got a problem with a system on another boat that im unsure of the cause.
    The fridge temps all seem to be ok however the compressor has recently started short cycling, and then continues to "run on" after it has cut out?
    Much the same as when a hot carby engine will carry on spluttering and turning over after its been turned off.

It does this almost every time and shakes for about 10 or so seconds, even if i hold it from rocking its forcibly rocking against my hand.

Is this a common problem? Would this be caused from the motor itself wanting to continue running or is the gas pressure forcing the pistons to carry on?

Im trying to upload a video of the issue at the moment, will share when its done

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers!
    Mark

Re: New boat, New problem

Is it a scroll compressor

No i believe its a Copeland style compressor.
    Talasea fridge compressor.jpg

Possibly on a pump down cycle with a solenoid valve controlled by temp control. The liquid receiver too small and the whole system starts to hydraulic, and the rock and roll of compressor.
    Would be better to control compressor with temp control and cycle solenoid with compressor.
    Just a thought, could be totally wrong. Alternatively install a larger receiver vessel.
    magoo

I would imagine taking off the head and checking the discharge reeds would be the first port of call.I would think it should go out out high pressure if it was locking up hydraulically as the hp switch seems to go straight into the head.