Thread: Navigation

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Navigation

As I am hoping to get a sea boat sometime soon I thought it was about time I started to teach myself navigation.

The plan is that I will be able to survive without calling the emergency services , anyway I am beginning to get my head around tidal streams etc when I decided to look up the tide table for the area I am hoping to keep the boat (and us).

What do I find ? it's one of those areas that has a funny tide and they tend to do calcs on low tide as that is more stable. Well, I ask you, I don't know which is worse right now; navigation tables or refrigeration text books

Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

navigation

i usually go on canal systems with my watercycle
    see www.geocities.com/jackkybird/watercycling.html
    so i dont have to think about tides . although i have been thinking of crossing the bristol channel.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy
    I would have thought that the Bristol channel was one of the worst places to try your waterbike on Jack.

You could, I suppose, try riding the bore up river some time
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015