Filter-drier & Moisture

Is it necessary to keep filter-Drier at a temperature of about 60 C before its installation. I believe this is necessary in order to prevent moisture from condensing on the surface before installation.

Re: Filter-drier & Moisture

hmm moisture on outside haven non impact on filter drier.

Most important is not hold opened end to surrounding air more than few minute in time just moment for mounting/solder in system and start vacuum pump shortest possible after.

zeolite inside filterdrier have Rh value < 1% Rh and pull moisture from surrounding air very, very hard and saturate very quick and if reach 10% Rh inside core, is almost saturated and all drying capacity are consumed - ie. after ~15-30 minuter with flares open to air (and filter drier possible going warm to hot of absorbed humidity and give heat), you can drop filter drier in trash-can even if looks very new and unused.

newer break manufacture sealing on filter drier to just before time to mounting in system - every minutes with open end to surrounding air counts and decrease capacity in filter drier...

thanks for the reply.
    I meant moisture condensation on the inside surface by the way.

I think it just needs to be warm enough not to get water condensing on it as it is being fitted, it is not a problem i have had so far.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)