Threaded View

Question Fujitsu AOU36RML issue

Discovered this site while searching for service diagrams for a Fujitsu AOU36RML split system with 3 indoor wall units. Woke up the other morning to no AC, the outside breaker on the unit was tripped.
    I reset it and used a remote to start one of the wall units, it came on and started flashing the timer light 2x every 15 or so seconds. I looked that up as serial comm. error, went outside took covers off of electronics and started looking and searching web and etc. I found a post here about a gentleman in Hawaii whose system fried a gecko, I live in Hawaii but found no geckos cooking in the unit. I did find a bad Active Filter Module (I've attached a jpg that shows 2 holes blown in it, with matching carbon marks on the cover). I found a Service Instruction manual online for my unit and it said if the Active Filter Module tested bad to replace it. I checked it and got bad results on most of it. My concern is this- since I did not observe any other damage should I just replace it or is there a good chance something else caused it to blowup ? I was an electrician in the Navy some fifty years ago and can make good use of my multi-meter but I am not familiar with AC units. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, living here on a fixed income can be tough with the prices we pay for services here. Thank You Jim Donovan
    Attached Images Attached Images