Daewoo u20dcb problems

recently our Daewoo u20dcb side by side started have problem icing up on back panel of freezer

and not freezing correctly in freezer some soft items near top so read a service manual defrosted

it with a little help from steamer also read if back panel has any gaps may cause problems so

applied some foam tape reassembled seamed fine for a couple of weeks checking for errors every

day have now discovered a couple of things last week sure I had error D1 51 but more

concerning today is error C1 in service manual says C1 Cycle : abnormal or defective

although freezer seems fine a few degrees out same for fridge too

advise please chaps, on one occasion sure d sensor item 2 on service was showing something like d298 and d3 00

and any one local to Sunderland, uk willing to help
    attached a few pictures taken of what it was like during process
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Daewoo u20dcb problems

not fully understanding some of the technical reporting like "sure d sensor item 2 on service was showing something like d298 and d3 00" can you explain what your referring to there is that a result of a diagnostic test in service mode or a error code?

if you have refrigeration experiance does your sealed system seem okay? from your frost pattern it strikes me as a defrost issue possibly a failed defrost thermistor other things that come to mind evap fan intermittant opperaton, stuck compressor relay, failed bimetal (if equiped), failed heater, etc.. though i think less likely. I work on appliances for a living I'm having difficulty recognizing that model it does look familar to some bosch units i've worked on though are you able to upload or link to your service manual so i can follow allong? first thing is first though i always start by eleminating the sealed system as a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by sphere478 View Post
    not fully understanding some of the technical reporting like "sure d sensor item 2 on service was showing something like d298 and d3 00" can you explain what your referring to there is that a result of a diagnostic test in service mode or a error code?

if you have refrigeration experiance does your sealed system seem okay? from your frost pattern it strikes me as a defrost issue possibly a failed defrost thermistor other things that come to mind evap fan intermittant opperaton, stuck compressor relay, failed bimetal (if equiped), failed heater, etc.. though i think less likely. I work on appliances for a living I'm having difficulty recognizing that model it does look familar to some bosch units i've worked on though are you able to upload or link to your service manual so i can follow allong? first thing is first though i always start by eleminating the sealed system as a possibility.
    the one I went from tried to upload but to big there's one similar here
    http://www.fridge-manual.com/manuals...oo_FRS-U20.pdf
    page 23 takes you through the steps I mentioned as follows this mornings results
    1. 00 27
    2. -f1 15
    3. d2 39
    4. r0 92
    5. t2 54
    6.p1 00
    7.f1 lt
    er c1

tonight's results
    1. 04 18
    2. f0 48
    3. d2 40
    4. r1 40
    5. t2 77
    6. p1 00
    7.f1 lt
    er c1

if I power off the error clears for a short while

Quote Originally Posted by scareyb View Post
    recently our Daewoo u20dcb side by side started have problem icing up on back panel of freezer

and not freezing correctly in freezer some soft items near top so read a service manual defrosted

it with a little help from steamer also read if back panel has any gaps may cause problems so

applied some foam tape reassembled seamed fine for a couple of weeks checking for errors every

day have now discovered a couple of things last week sure I had error D1 51 but more

concerning today is error C1 in service manual says C1 Cycle : abnormal or defective

although freezer seems fine a few degrees out same for fridge too

advise please chaps, on one occasion sure d sensor item 2 on service was showing something like d298 and d3 00

and any one local to Sunderland, uk willing to help
    attached a few pictures taken of what it was like during process

had a similar problem with my daewoo , turned out to be the fan motor starting to fail , fan was working most of the time but wasn't spinning as fast at it should but worked most of the time , it eventually failed completely , got a new motor from ebay for about £30 and problem sorted

(this was the fan that sits inside the freezer at the top for clarity) apparently daewoos are quite reliable but the fan motor is a common failure on them

any one know what Pull Down mode is and does.
    fridge temp around 16 .c