Thread: santas grotto

santas grotto

This is not a seasonal scenario,but got another cold store turning into an Xmas grotto the first one was because of a badly sealed door this one maybe because some clown left the door open,but besides that fact besides blocked drains what could cause this to happen?

Re: santas grotto

AH!
    The Memories!

Of hiring a Kango hammer to chisel my way in to the chambers.

I think you have the best options covered already, unlikely but lost vapour seal on the drain line?

Defrost inop for some reason?
    Most likely as you state a large heat load ingress or storing the wrong product with a high moisture content!
    I assume the defrost strategy is ok?
    Good Luck Grizzly

Check enclosure structure, fork hoist sprung a panel seal and system sucking huge amounts of our side air. Just a dented panel can break out side structure vapour seal.
    Balance ports heaters failed and flapper stuck open. And the obvious client installing saturated product.
    Plus all the suggestions via Grizzly, Ice on floors is a real problem HS stuff, lots of actual salt and a wet vac does wonders.
    Good luck

Close the f@rk1ng door!!!

One of my mates says "if we could just keep the door shut the temperatures would be great" except, try telling that to 50 fork truck drivers who get paid by the pallet..

Ps, Santas Grotto eh, only knew one other bloke to say that - he is from Leeds.

Not too sure about if the customer put warm stuff in this room,they say that the door has not been left open. We know that getting the truth is sometimes difficult this store is approx 15x8x3 and loaded manually stacked truck cannot get near it which does leave the likely cause to be the door being open too long,it's a job/customer that have. Looked after for twelve months will go back and try to rectify,any suggestions on how to get rid of the grotto effect other than manually