daikin vrv ii indoor icing

Evening men!!
    Asked to look at a cassette on a vrv 2 pipe, which has been leaking water intermittently, when the indoor has been both off and on. The system feeds one big office which has 6 units, and this office which has 3. Both offices have their own controls. This particular unit is near the end of the pipe run.
    The on site maintenance have witnessed the coil iced up, yet when I get to look at it, its ok,no water no ice.
    Seem to remember that the eev never fully closes on vrv, could this cause an issue with the unit if other units are running? Also shouldn't the valve close fully ona freeze protection???
    Help much appreciated ...
    Thanks

Re: daikin vrv ii indoor icing

The indoor EEV only stays open (200 pulses or 10%) at thermostat OFF when in heating mode.

If it is passing in cooling mode at thermostat off then I would suspect that the EEV is faulty.

Also, you need to check that the last fan coil is within the maximum 40 Mtrs from first branch joint on the pipework run. If it exceeds this you can get unexpected results such as you are seeing.

Re: daikin vrv ii indoor icing

Ahh ok I will measure that out. The eev has been replaced on this unit along with another 3 units on this system due to them seizing closed around about 6 months ago. From what the people in the office are saying, this unit has leaked on and off for a couple of years.
    Another problem I have just found while looking at this system is another indoor which is cooling even when set at 30°c cooling. Turned unit off and there is still gas going through unit. Suspect this is what is happening on original unit causing it to freeze, but why are the valves not closing down?
    Thanks for your help frank!