Thread: sb210 code 63

sb210 code 63

Hi all. Just a quick question... I have a tk with a code 63. Weird eh? Actually this one isnt the norm. Fuel solenoid is good, screen is clean, no restrictions in the return line, vround below starter is cleaned and connections are good, relay board is good and board connection are good. Any ideas. The unit doesnt chug before it codes up... It just stops as if the hold in coil drops out. Any ideas before i pull the harness apart... Ps. The rpm sensor is fine too. Thanks in advance.

Re: sb210 code 63

Vent on the fuel tank?

Nope. Clean stream on return line as it shuts down. I dont think its a fuel issue.

The unit will run anywhere from five minutes to three hours before it throws up a code and shuts down... Thanks for the quick response though cadwaladr. Much appreciated.

sounds like a fuel solenoid.

Fuel solenoid is good. But it definately shuts off like the hold in coil lets go. But thats not it. Soomething is making the fsh circuit de-energise... But there isnt anything else on that circuit. Micro grounds it and relay board powers fsp and fsh.

Have you measured the resistance Ohms on the fuel stop solenoid?maybe breaking down swap a solenoid from another unit or check resistance of a new one?

Already done, fuel solenoid is definately good. next step is gonna be to swap the micro.... Even though that makes absolutely no sense.lol. ive never ever had to delve this deep and not found the problem fairly quickly with a code 63.

what kind of fuel solenoid is it, the new type with the wires coming out at a right angle?
    what software is it on ?

Well..... After a whole lot of tracing and testing i stuffed a used micro in the unit and the problem is now fixed. Im guessing it shut down on the 63 because of a bad connection inside the micro which made it lose power for a split second. First time e in fifteen years ive replaced a micro for a code 63 and in my head it still doesnt make sense. So for all you tk guys out there we now havesomething else to look for with a " shut down reason unknown" code. Thanks for the responses. Hope this helps. We are looking into a micro tester for SR2 now.