Furnace - low gas pressure?

I have installed a 80% furnace. It is converted to run on propane and the manufacturer suggect a minium of 8" WC for the maniflod pressure. I have been able to get it up to 7" WC. I have the inlet pressure at 13" WC which is the maximum the manufatured suggects. My question is will the lower manifold pressure cause any problems ?

Thanks for your Help.
    Last edited by jakehabing; 07-11-2014 at 03:19 AM.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Furnace - low gas pressure?

Not that we know a lot about burning gas on here but do you have the correct size injectors. And do you have 13" with the burner running?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Brian,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I do have the right size of injectors. No, when the burner is running the 13" goes down to the 7" as well. I know this means that my gas line is too small. This is a installation in an older building, new gas line is a last option. My question is will the lower gas pressure cause or creat any proplems?

Thanks again.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Low gas pressure will cause incorrect burning as you won't have the correct gas velocity from the injectors to entrain the mixed primary combustion air to the burners.

Yes I agree with you the gas line is definitely undersized.

Good luck with it.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015