Hi everyone,

I'm new here and registered in the hope that someone could help me with my Hotpoint Fridge/Freeze.

The unit is a Hotpoint FFA81G, we noticed a couple of weeks ago that the lights had come on across the top, both the Freezer High Temp and the Food Defrost Alert lights. The fridge started to freeze food near the back of it, and the freezer wasn't keeping food quite frozen.

We went away at the weekend and emptied it and switched it off (last Thursday morning), we turned it on again on Sunday and it still has the lights on. I can't notice any odd sounds from it, so not to sure where to go from here.

I've found it difficult to find advice on the good old internet, although a thread i your archive here: http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...hp/t-7446.html suggests that a replacement PCB may be the answer. However with the cost of that at £93 (from espares) it's a bit of a risk to do it, given that it may not work and a new unit would be around £300. The unit is about 6 years old.

Can anyone give me any advice on what my options are please? I'm at home today so can check anything with it immediately.

Thanks for any replies!
Chunky