Whirlpool 20RU-D4A PT Side-By-Side Fridge-Freezer

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to re calibrate the fridge temperature? When fridge is set on highest temperature - 6 centigrade - the bottom of the fridge freezes food and the water pipes that prevent the cold water dispenser operating. I have changed the diffuser and this is operating correctly but fridge is constatly freezing towards the lower half.
    Thanks to anyone who can offer any advice.

Re: Whirlpool 20RU-D4A PT Side-By-Side Fridge-Freezer

need more details about the hardware in this fridge. any links to a parts list, service manual? i could guess and say mabe a sticking contact on your thermostat or a broken damper (difuser?) a bad thermistor is also possible. if the fridge has dual evaperators you may have a defrost problem in the fridge. usually recalibration isn't the solution. more often than not you have a failed part asuming you have already raised the temperature setting.

Quote Originally Posted by sphere478 View Post
    need more details about the hardware in this fridge. any links to a parts list, service manual? i could guess and say mabe a sticking contact on your thermostat or a broken damper (difuser?) a bad thermistor is also possible. if the fridge has dual evaperators you may have a defrost problem in the fridge. usually recalibration isn't the solution. more often than not you have a failed part asuming you have already raised the temperature setting.

Many thanks for the response. The only documentation I have found is in the link below.
    http://docs.whirlpool.eu/_doc/501931502018GB.pdf
    The fridge setting is on the maximum temperature of 6 degrees centigrade. I have replaced the diffuser/damper and this seems to be functioning correctly. Maybe thermostat replacement may be the next step? Not familiar with thermistor - is there anything I can do to test correct function?

Already replaced the damper assembly? Put a few ice blocks in a 1/2 cup of cold water and wait until the ice has nearly melted. With enough ice, this will give you 32 F, 0 degrees C.

A sensor monitors fridge space temperature and it's resistance is fed back to the PCB. Locate the sensor and remove diffuser assembly, leaving all electrical connections in place with your fridge switched on.
    Find the best angle to view the damper door position. Remove the fridge sensor tip and place it in your cup.

At 0 degrees C, the damper door should move to the closed position.
    Last edited by mikeref; 27-11-2014 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Meh...Had to add some.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.