Exclamation Carrier 30HXC Compressor SCPM replacement issue

I am faced with a strange issue . The SCPM board for the A1 compressor on our chiller unit was faulty . we ordered for a new one and tried to install the new one with DIP switches matching one to one. The new one would not communicate at all. SIO green LED never lights up and controller gives communication alarm (code :30) . The cables and connections looks alright and continuity is checked.We have another compressor and when we tried to swap SCPM card from that one , it works perfect. The only difference I could notice is the old card had CEBD430416-12A , CEPL130416-03 & PD5-SCPM3 written on it. The new card has CEBD430416-12-RA , CEPL130416-03-R,PD5-SCPM3 written on it. Will that make any difference to the communication ? Also does this card need to be programmed prior to use? Request your thoughts and replies at the earliest.

Re: Carrier 30HXC Compressor SCPM replacement issue

Hi John.
    I don't know whether the attached will help?
    But I thought it was worth posting all the same!
    Good Luck.
    Grizzly

Attachment 11808

Arrow Re: Carrier 30HXC Compressor SCPM replacement issue

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Hi John.
    I don't know whether the attached will help?
    But I thought it was worth posting all the same!
    Good Luck.
    Grizzly

Attachment 11808

Well this is all I have at the moment . The address is same as the old card and it concur with the address shown in the manual . Set the MTA as per the old one and there is one more DIP switch block with 4 DIP switches R N F Y . I have no clue what that is for but kept as same as the old one. After all these SIO do not blink . I read somewhere in this forum that this card needs to be programmed . I do not see any port or indication if that could be possible but if some one experienced can shed some light , I could look in that direction .

Thanks again . Cheers