Citroen vs Peugeot vans

Anyone one know if Citroen are actually better built than Peugeot? I always thought they were the same except for the the badge, but after looking at prices Peugeot are more expensive than Citroen? The Fiat scudo is identical to the expert and despatch except it has a Fiat engine.

I'm on the look for a new van and I've come to a dilema and seeking advice from fresh experience, as I used to have an expert on an X plate with 84000 on the clock, but scrapped it back in March with 14000 on the clock. It was probably the most expensive vehicle to maintain that I've ever had, but I got it when it was 5 years old from a friend but I think it had been clocked. I have been looking on the uk vans direct website and also seen that the 1.6 vivaros are cheaper than the Traffics and Primastars.

So I was wondering if the price reflected the quality, or reflected the deal that they bought them for?

Training may be finished but experience is never complete.

Re: Citroen vs Peugeot vans

Don't buy a VW T5. On my VW forum, the consensus is its shyte, haha (I know, you didn't list the VW, but I had to put it in there)

I can't speak for pug/citroen but re nissan/renault/vauxhall, they are all basically the same but have different levels equipment, so a bulkhead would be an option on the cheaper vauxhall but standard on the nissan and so on. (or it was when i was looking a while back)

Used to have an old shape expert on the company with the 1.9xud engine, door locks kept breaking, side doors wouldn't shut proper. only takes 900kg.

The new merc vito is going to use the renault 1.6 engine and be front wheel drive on the lower spec models.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Ford transit tried all the rest they always liked going into the dealers/workshop and emptying my bank account,how many of the old bt ones still going strong not sure about the new model but heard they have had problems ,the best van ever was the lwb Toyota hiace circa late eighties early nineties not tho power van that was crap,they have a new one available in some parts of Europe driven one in oz great van but for some reason it does not meet safety standards in the UK? sorry to rattle on.

French make vehicles like LG make air con units.

Toyota Hiace as previously mentioned. Bit noisy over 50, not many frills, bit thirsty if given a spanking but tried and tested by the Taliban, old girl be bulletproof if looked after.
    Shame that the new one (Proace) is a rebadged Expert. I think 61 was the last Hiace reg plate you can get.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

We have purchased both a lot over the last ten years as far as i can sea the vechicles are identical apart from badges we now will not purchase any new citroen/ pug vans as there warranty is shocking and from what we have found there dealers poor. We mainly purchase mainly fiats as longer breakdown cover and a decent dealer on our doorsteep, if ur looking at the expert,dispatch i would advise two things Toyota also sell there version same as expert and if u had trouble with ur old one don't bother with the new ones they drive well but very heavy uses lots of fuel and very unreliable if its ur only van my advise is buy a merc lot more money but in my opinion worth it ta charlie

Cannot beat a tranny van

Quote Originally Posted by chemi-cool View Post
    Ohhh, Chemi, say it ain't so. The Euro vans (almost any of them) is better than the old tech GM and Ford. GM doesn't even know how to make a diesel so it buys them from Isuzu. To my mind, there is not much better than the VW T4 with a TDI

Thanks guys.
    Training may be finished but experience is never complete.

There cannot be a more uncomfortable van than the Merc ****o (Vito). Transits are good but undeniably they rust, that said my last one was a trend and I REALLY miss the cruise control.
    @neilbrownNB12

Do not buy a Peugeot Expert 1.6 tdi, no power at all, badly undersized engine, it was gutless, very un-economical as the engine had to be revved hard in order to get to up to motorway speed, also had various electrical faults

VW caddy 2 litre tdi long wheel base is ideal van for service engineer, if a bigger van is needed, got to be Vauxhall vivaro, Ford transit or VW transporter

I know which van is best,going to do some homework and supply the UK with the ideal van make myself millions what's available here and now does not fit the needs ,soon early next year the van that ticks all and I mean ALL the boxes will be available and 25 percent cheaper than its nearest rival you saw it first on here.

Ah go on tell us what van it is haha