Switch Room aircon sizing

Hi all

Been asked to quote for the installation of air conditioning into a switch room. The customer has given me the meter readings for power consumption in Kw/h. I think from looking at it that the readings are in watts/hr I have worked out the daily consumption at 6500Kw/h which seems very high. Can anyone please advise as to how to get from the power consumption to the cooling duty required. Is power consumption in Kw = to heat output is it roughly that simple. Usually we get the customer to specify the heat loading for things like switch and server rooms but this time they have asked us to calculate it Not our usual scope of works but hopefully someone can help.

Re: Switch Room aircon sizing

Power factor correction packs and UPS units generate the most heat in a MCC room, they have ventilation fans in them. Test air flows and temperatures. With the switch gear and breakers etc., if not running close to maximum load they generate low heat loads.

Job done. Turns out it was switchgear only and a couple of transformers. 15Kw does the trick thanks

Is that Latent, Sensible or Total?

Does it include for infiltration, lighting, fabric and occupancy loads?