manitowoc qyo214a possible solenoid valve not closing properly?

I have a customer with a qyo214a (air cooled) ice machine, and it is not producing ice. Customer called yesterday but machine has been broken for several months they say. I asked for any info but nobody could give any good info.
    I started it up and no compressor or condenser came on (water started flowing fine). Did some readings and replaced the starter block. Compressor and fan kicked on after that, evap got to 28-29F barely see ice starting to form. compressor and fan kicked off in less than hour. Machine was pulling right around 7.0 amps and compressor was very hot. Tested capacitor and it was little low, so put in new capacitor, then restarted machine, compressor amps dropped down to 5.0amps. machine is rated for 6.5 amps.
    I cannot find any specs for this compressors amperage draw. But when it cutout the amps never went up, the suction line never got cold, and the evap. never got below 28 degrees, and I still had power going to the compressor.
    This unit does have a high pressure cutout, But I would not think it was low on charge, I also went through machine with detector and did not get any signal of leaks.
    I did not hook up gauges or take any critical temperature readings yet because it all was pointing to electrical issue.
    Does anyone have a good way to test the solenoid valves, and compressor amp rating for the model would be great tooThis is only the 5 or 6th ice machine I have worked on so newb.

Re: manitowoc qyo214a possible solenoid valve not closing properly?

Hi Bryan.
    I have emailed you a couple of manuals which may Help?
    Grizzly

Re: manitowoc qyo214a possible solenoid valve not closing properly?

It sounds like you have a HOT GAS DEFROST valve energized during production time.

The machine is in production and defrost mode simultaneously..

Take power off the Defrost valve... And retry... the machine is has correct amount of ref charge will work .

If let me know the nominal production- what actually the producer claim I can give you a more or less Amp drawing.