Samsung RG21DGRS

Help! My fridge fan has started becoming noisy and the top of the fridge won't cool..... Can anyone help? Thanks

Re: Samsung RG21DGRS

Empty the fridge, turn off the power to it for 24Hrs with the door(s) left open.
    When you turn it back on the day after the ice will have melted and it should work again.

Re: Samsung RG21DGRS

Thanks for the model #. I did not have a service manual for that but I have worked on them. From what the person says above is most likely correct. You have a defrost problem which is very common in samsung refrigerators, if you have two evaporators then it is most likely in the fresh food section, if it is only one evaporator then it will catch up to the freezer also, it will start warming up (block of ice) because of no airflow.
    If you have a ohm meter start testing the defrost t-stat and the element itself. you can also test these things from the board in the back. If you dont get around 10 ohms on the defrost circuit you know its the d-thermostat, and if you get .04 ohms or less, then its the defrost element if either is open or infinity then you have bad components, its always best to test individually in mop.
    Samsungs are bears and have poor airflow, they make aftermarket kits for them.