Fujitsu mini-split just stops...no error codes

I have a 1 ton Fujitsu Mini split heat pump that has ran just fine for 2.5 years. I live in Arizona where temps are high. I have run this unit in summers flat-out and it has performed well. Got up yesterday left the room (unit was running) and when I came back into the room the interior unit had no power and the louvers were open…like the power had been cut. Check the disconnect, by the outside unit, with my multimeter and it was 220 volts. Checked the outdoor unit and each hot wire was 110 when I connected to ground.
    I disconnected it over night and the next day wanted to check the voltages again and when I reconnected the electricity, it started up the inside unit then it called to the outside unit and it started. Ran for probable 1.5 hours then shut of the same way with the louvers open. No error codes on the remote and when I broke into the outside unit all fuses looked good. The electronic board was secured upside down and I could not see the lights to determine what they were doing. Also, when I was checking voltage noted that the ***** connections were covered with what appeared to be oil. Could this simply be a ***** leak?
    Thank you in advanced for any assistance everyone can provide.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Fujitsu mini-split just stops...no error codes

Yes, if you have oil you have a refrigerant leak.

It could be that the system is stopping on some form of safety shutdown.

Welcome to the forum BTW.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Devon UK...great! ever been to the Isle of MAN?

Thanks for the response! I have someone coming to put in ***** so hope that is all it is.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Yep, went to the Island for a couple of TTs back in my youth (geez, that's a long time ago).
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Don't forget to fix the leak before you recharge it.

OK, had someone out and they refilled the ***** and fond the leak...so, system ran for an hour then stopped (after he left). I did not do anything to it as was busy with work/life...but did leave the unit breaker on. It sat for 4 days, and then I woke up a one morning to it running...has been fine since. One thing to note is that the Arizona temps have gone from like 105 during the day to 95 during the day...could that have any impact on it running? Going to call Fujitsu and see if they have any insight on this issue.

OK, I have kept the power on to the system and it will come on and run for a few days then stop for a few and start again out-of-the-blue. I have been racking my brain on this and think I may have figured it out...will have to test to see. When the system was installed I had purchased a Little Giant condensate pump and it was installed at the same time. I do recall that the condensate could be wired in such a way as to stop the mini-split if there was some issue where it could not pump the condensate from the reservoir. My condensate pump had been making this loud vibrating sound every time it ran. I am now wondering if it has failed and when the reservoir gets full it stops the mini-split till the water evaporates and then closes the circuit and starts the mini-split again. I will check that soon and see if that could be my problem.

I have not received a lot of comments/suggestions from the forum...should I be posting on some other site?

Than you!

Hi
    Your diagnosis could be correct, but I would have thought that the condensate pump would have tripped on high level, after only a few of hours running time not for a few days? but it may well be a faulty pump or Hi level switch . Pour some water in to the pump and see if it operates or
    Simply put a link across the switch to overide it ,but put some sort of temporary condensate drain system to prevent flooding your place. Can you confirm the Model No of the unit and the Mains voltage to the unit this will help us help you Kind regards Glenn