Whirlpool K20 Ice Machine not producing ICE

Hi,

I have a Whirlpool K20 ice machine that stopped producing ICE last week.

The water feed is okay, and i have replaced the water pump and water inlet valve.

The ice machine is still not working correctly. The water reservoir fills up and water pumps onto the cooler plate but then stops, the cooling plate ices over but no water passes over the plate, then after about half an hour the plate defrosts and water pumps over the plate then water stops and the plate freezes over again.

Does anyone know what the issue could be please?

Cheers,
    Danny

Re: Whirlpool K20 Ice Machine not producing ICE

Hello Danny,

Did a deep clean on a k20 today in a pub not too bad to work on. Have you tried www.whirlpoolk40.co.uk download that has a troubleshooting section which may help you.
    I'd check hot gas coil is ok, water inlet valve and check filter is clean. I'm sure you will sort it

Pie man

Quote Originally Posted by pie man View Post
    Hello Danny,

Did a deep clean on a k20 today in a pub not too bad to work on. Have you tried www.whirlpoolk40.co.uk download that has a troubleshooting section which may help you.
    I'd check hot gas coil is ok, water inlet valve and check filter is clean. I'm sure you will sort it

Pie man
    Hi Pie Man,

Thank you for your reply. How would i check the hot gas coil is okay? I have replaced the water inlet valve so this should be okay. Also, where can the filter be found?

Many Thanks,
    Danny

Remove water hose inlet should be one inside fitting, I had to clean it out when I worked on the last one as was blocked up with gunge. The hot gas coil I'd check it's not open circuit. Have you also checked the usual condenser clear fan working on? When you going back to the job?

Sound like there is not enough water in the tank, check that the drain plug is not leaking on the under side of the tank.
    To check the rest of the system, disconnect the water pump and watch the cycle you should see the evaporator frost over, when the cut out temperature is reached it should go into harvest (defrost) cycle.
    You should also be able to observe the resumption of the freeze cycle.
    If all of the above works correctly the only thing left is the water side of the system.
    Remember when you are checking is that the water fills during the harvest cycle
    Location, United Kingdom

Means the icemaker passes to DEFROST cycle.. But ice remains on cold plate...
    And machine enters in new cycle without having defrost... Making a bigger block of ice...

For How much time the DEFROST MODE run?
    Are the machine with HOT GAS DEFROST? If so check the coil of the Defrost Valve. As other member instructed.

3. Is it the old unit with resistance on cold plate to perform defrost?
    Just asking.