What's the difference between Remote condensing unit and Air conditioning unit?

Hi I'm new in Refrigeration

Could anyone explain the difference between "Remote condensing unit" and
    "Air conditioning unit"?

Thanks

Re: What's the difference between Remote condensing unit and Air conditioning unit?

Hello Patrick.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Your question is a little basic for most of us on the forum!
    But simply put, usually a "Air conditioning unit" has the "compressor ect all together in one case.

Whereas on larger applications you have separate condensers outside, and the remaining plant inside a room.

It's all relevant to plant size and application.
    On other aircon units the comp etc. is inside with the evap and the condenser is outside.
    I.E. Remote.

Grizzly
    Last edited by Grizzly; 23-09-2014 at 06:26 AM.

Re: What's the difference between Remote condensing unit and Air conditioning unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Hello Patrick.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Your question is a little basic for most of us on the forum!
    But simply put, usually a "Air conditioning unit" has the "compressor ect all together in one case.

Whereas on larger applications you have separate condensers outside, and the remaining plant inside a room.

It's all relevant to plant size and application.
    On other aircon units the comp etc. is inside with the evap and the condenser is outside.
    I.E. Remote.

Grizzly
    Thanks for explaining Sir Grizzly.

I'm sorry for the basic question I'm just a student.

I have a question to ask sir. What is the Difference between 'Remote Condensing Unit" and "Condensing Unit"? Where they are almost the same in my understanding. I search the net for the their information;

a. Remote condensing unit means a factory-made assembly of refrigerating components designed to compress and liquefy a specific refrigerant that is remotely located from the refrigerated equipment and consists of 1 or more refrigerant compressors, refrigerant condensers, condenser fans and motors, and factory supplied accessories.

b. A condensing unit typically is a high side assembly of a refrigeration system. It is an assembly of compressor, condenser, fan motor, controls and a mounting plate. It has the function of a heat exchanger to cool down and condensate the incoming refrigerant vapor into liquid and a fan for blowing outside air through the heat exchanger section to cool the refrigerant inside.

As the man says, a Condensing Unit has the compressors outside.

An Air Conditioning Unit generally refers to the indoor unit.

Hope that helps?

a packaged unit is all in one, evap, condenser and all supporting gear, remote condenser can be on the roof, the compressors and controls in the basement and the cool room on the ground level, or a remote condenser can be compressor, condenser coil and all controls in a box out side with the evap inside, and any variation here of.
    Now in Redvers Sask.