Red face Beko CDA554S - Please help

I am new to this and have signed up as I need to ask for some help and advice. My problem is as follows:

I have a Beko CDA554S fridge freezer and between midday and 7pm today it has stopped working correctly, it has power but everytime it goes to start its chilling process it starts to make the normal noise but then clicks off after a few seconds later. What I am asking is do I just go out and buy a new fridge freezer or is this something that can be fixed at a low cost. I have read else where that the relevant part required to rectify this problem is quite expensive and I would be better off just buying a completely new one.

I would be very grateful for any advice on this issue.

Many thanks Amy

Re: Beko CDA554S - Please help

Hi Amy
    It sounds most likely that the compressor motor has failed. The clicking noise is the compressor motors safety circuit called a Klixon simply opening the electrical circuit to prevent the motor windings burning.
    If so this can be expensive to be replaced as its most likely an R600A machine which runs on an inflammable refrigerant and most engineers are reluctant to replace these machines for H&S , and insurance reasons.
    So it is probably more cost effective to replace the whole machine .Sorry

Re: Beko CDA554S - Please help

Thank you so much for helping Me with this issue. I will go out later and buy a new one. Oh more money flying out of my purse. Lol. :-D
    Last edited by Amy Arnold; 22-09-2014 at 12:08 PM.