FCU thermostat with IR Remote

I have purchased some carrier FCU.
    According to the agreement/tender, i have to purchase a remote control along with each FCU to control the same.

But when i am looking at some thermostat manufacturing brands (Be-limo, Siemens), i am finding that to control the FCU via remote control you need to buy first a thermostat which has IR reception capability and than we have to buy a remote separately.The remote will send signal to the thermostat and than the thermostat to the FCU.

One more option i found is to buy a remote thermostat, which can be placed any where in the room and the same need not to be connected through any cables to the FCU, but my client did not approve the same.

My question is, is in the market a product where we dont need to buy an intermediate thermostat to control an FCU, and we can just buy a normal remote directly to control the FCU like the normal remote which we use with our split or window AC in our normal life.

In case you have any questions please ask me
    more over right now i am thinking to buy
    following thermostat tms810re

http://www.ahi-carrier.ae/productdetail.asp?id=073

and compatible remote tmsre remote control

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct...75775273,d.c2E

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: FCU thermostat with IR Remote

Why not use the Carrier remote controller?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Re: FCU thermostat with IR Remote

carrier provide remote control, but i have to also purchase thermostat, because the IR reception capabilities are their in thermostat.
    I now have to invest in remote and thermostat both, i wanted an option in which their is only remote control to control the FCU and no need of an intermediate thermostat.
    Last edited by zankar; 22-09-2014 at 08:36 AM.