Question Samsung CH24CAX/Samsung CH24CA/Samsung ASHM070VE

Hi All,

I have a cassette air conditioner system which worked perfectly until the CH24CA ceiling unit started leaking, I have since acquired, relocated and fitted on the wall an ASHM070VE, the problem I have is the two units won't communicate together, all the wiring is as per the installation manuals however when I power on the units the indoor works briefly then the timer and fan LED's come on indicating a communication error between the indoor and outdoor units. On the outdoor unit the error display reads EA and the LED on the main PCB flashed 3 times quickly then a very short pause and repeats the 3 flashes and a pause continuously.

Does anyone know if the two units are compatible or is there a wiring reconfiguration required to get the 2 talking again or shall I get a AXHM260VE which is the recommended outdoor unit, or scrap them both and get another system.

Thanks in advance
    Rich

Re: Samsung CH24CAX/Samsung CH24CA/Samsung ASHM070VE

Hi Rich,

The way you've worded this it seems you've connected CH24CA to the ASHM070VE. I'm sure you don't mean this because both models are indoor units!

I checked the install and service manuals for these:-

CH24CA is a 6.5kW four way cassette indoor and is compatible with outdoor model CH24CAX - this is a single split system from about June 2000 using R407C

ASHM070VE is a 2.2kW hi-wall indoor unit and compatible with either AXHM260VE or ASHM260VE - this is a multi split system from about May 98 using R22

For the latter if you do find a compatible outdoor for the hi-wall indoor you will need a second indoor unit because that system must have two indoor units minimum.

These two types of system are totally incompatible both for output duty, interconnecting comms and refrigerant!

Mind you given their age, and they've done quite well, maybe best to scrap them and buy new Samsung systems at least they'll be more efficient.

Best Regards

Loops