Minimum Insulation Thickness

Hi,

I have an installer coming tomorrow to commission up my 3.5kW Mitsubishi Electric inverter.

Thanks to the help on here, I've pretty much done all the preparatory work, so just the strength/leak testing, vac, refrigerant top up, etc, needs doing.

I have one final question though. As the pipes will run behind the unit, the tech guys at Mitsu suggested cutting off the thick grey insulation which came with the unit and wrapping in Armaflex tape. Together with brazing the connection, the idea was that this would help the unit fit flush against the wall without compressing the insulation.

I've got the tape but I didn't check what thickness I need to achieve on the pipes to avoid (I guess) condensation. As per the attached photo, its pretty tight to wrap the pipes individually but I think I can get at least 2 warps of the tape, about 6mm thickness.

I just wanted to check that this thickness was sufficient. I wanted to get the bulk of the wrapping done and just leave the tails for the braze..

On a separate note, do you guys use the appropriate cable glands when terminating the SY interconnecting cable between the outdoor/indoor units. I've currently just took the steel braiding and attached it to the earth point just in case.

Any advice appreciated.

Many thanks,

Damian

IMAG0291.jpg

Re: Minimum Insulation Thickness

410 kit should be 13mm wall thickness- but 9mm lagging will suffice- make sure their are no gaps

Have I dropped one here then - I've gone and lagged all the pipes in 9mm wall thickness Armaflex Class O?

ive done loads of installs with 9mm wall- no issues- just ensure your cable ties arent compressing the wall of the lagging as it can create condensation on the ties

Ok, thanks - would there be any benefit in me cutting off the lagging where I can still get to it (some of it is boarded behind a wall now) and perhaps replacing with some 2m lengths of the 13mm (well sealed of course)?

not really- 13mm wall laggin is too bulky