Hi guys,
First time poster.
I have an undercounter beer cooler which was given to me to look at and possibly repair. I determined quickly that the compressor was not running and checked the start relay and capacitor. I noticed the capacitor was no longer good and replaced it. With the new cap fitted the compressor runs but it does not provide any cooling. Its an old enough unit and evidently has been recharged in the past, by means of those self piercing tap valves. There is one on the process line and another on the suction line. I have a standard r134a charge hose with the pressure gauge which ive used on a few occasions. However as you may be aware by now this will not fit the threaded connection on the valve tap. I was looking at an adapter but im unsure if it will fit the thread on the valve tap. Its an FJC 6016 adapter i was looking at buying. It says its for the low side so that should fit the coupler on my recharge hose shouldnt it?
Ive measured the threads on the valve tap on the compressor lines of the cooler and found the outside thread diameter to be approx. 11mm with a thread pitch of 20TPI and 1.25 metric also meshes with the threads. Ive inserted an image of one the valve taps, on the back it says "made in USA" and the logo looks like an AI so maybe someone will be able to identify the brand and possibly model?
any help will be greatly appreciated.
valve tap.jpg
tap.jpg