Hybrid View

Re: Issues with Plate Freezers HELP :) :)

Quote Originally Posted by mattmechanic View Post
    I don't have a gauge port to fit gauges to so I strapped a temp probe to the pipe work and measured it,
    I don't understand why I have -39 suction temp in my liquid pot and only -21c at the liquid entering the plate
    I have no idea why this is happening it makes no sence to me

all valves are Hanson, now here is something you may be able to explain to me after the supply solenoid there is cone valve that is a No 7 this is fully open from that it feeds a header then there is a refrigerant flow valve that is open 2 turns there is 15 outlets/plates on the header all have the flow valves set to 2 turns.
    why is there a cone valve on the supply to the header then another flow valve at each plate and do they do 2 different jobs?
    for example cone is for expiation and flow valve of header is for balancing of the plates in the stack?

in the original paperwork I found that the freezing cycle was originally designed for 16 hrs

thanks
    The sv sounds like a Hansen pulse width valve

Re: Issues with Plate Freezers HELP :) :)

Matt
    Your temps indicated at plates, you indicate that they drop, from inlet to outlet, they should at 8:1 stay fairly constant or marginally rise. Would say that plates are starved of liquid.