Hybrid View

Re: Overtime/contract

Hi NB12

Sorry I been out of the loop for a bit, but my understanding is your contract says Time and Half and you were verbally told "later" is Double.

The Verbal offer, which came after the written contract would supercede the original and will amount to a variation. It should be evidenced in writing and annexed to your contract.

When you were told, were their any witnessses who can confirm, failing which your Manager may deny he made the offer. You could raise a grievance so the issue can be sorted out once and for all. You could argue that you getting paid less for intrinsically similar work, which equitably would seen unfair.

But reading below, have I got it wrong? Does your contract say double and they pay you Time and half? If your Contract says Double then you laughing all the way to the Leeds......If Company fails to pay you the contractual rate then they are in breach

Hope it works well out for you

Regards
    Last edited by Abe; 08-09-2014 at 05:07 PM.
    Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.