Mitsubishi City Multi ambiant temperature sensor control question

Just wondering if anyone could tell me if the ambient temperature sensor has a influence on any operation of the system, reason being a site I have been working on the ambient temperature sensor on oc has been running 10deg+ lower than os I think it maybe getting influence off the other units coil as they have been installed quit close together , I havnt had a chance to investigate further as of yet but wondering if it influences the control logic in anyway ,

Any info appreciated thanks

Re: Mitsubishi City Multi ambiant temperature sensor control question

It will be there for a purpose and the data it provides to the main processor will be an important part of the overall control system.

On a Daikin VRV, the ambient sensor inhibits heating mode when the temp is in excess of 23C.

I would imagine that the Mitsi logic has some similar control as well as additional functions, which the alogarithms need to compute compressor speed, valve openings etc
    Last edited by frank; 21-08-2014 at 08:47 AM. Reason: added the 'a' :)

Re: Mitsubishi City Multi ambiant temperature sensor control question

Thanks for the reply frank I would have thought the same but I can not see any literature on it anywhere, I will move the sensor but wondering how many others out there are the same and what problems it may or may not cause to help diagnose what may be a simple fix ,

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    It will be there for a purpose and the data it provides to the main processor will be an important part of the overall control system.

On a Daikin VRV, the ambient sensor inhibits heating mode when the temp is in excess of 23C.

I would imagine that the Mitsi logic has some similar control as well as additional functions, which the logarithms need to compute compressor speed, valve openings etc