Relocating to Australia

Hi everyone

Can anyone help me find out how you go about transferring our qualifications so you can work over in oz? I have mobile refrigeration handling and F gas, currently working on most aspects of refrigeration from displays, transport to blast freezers.

Me and the wife are planning moving out to Perth in the next couple of years. If anyone has any advice that would be grate.

Re: Relocating to Australia

Thanks mate that's just what I was after.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy703 View Post
    Thanks mate that's just what I was after.
    fook me it's called the search function. If you need help to do that I pity Australia. Well actually I don't.

Why be a **** about it?? Just asked the question as new to the site what's the problem with that??

Quote Originally Posted by r.bartlett View Post
    fook me it's called the search function. If you need help to do that I pity Australia. Well actually I don't.
    Time of the month ?

Must be!!!!

do you want just transport work?

Basically moving to Oz your quals are not worth the paper they are written on sorry. Evidence of a formal apprenticeship is a good start, then re do all gas accreditations, but work for peanuts in the interim. Could take years with a sponsoring employer, and they are not thick on the ground. Pretty much a closed shop deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jonjon View Post
    Time of the month ?
    for another idiot too lazy to do his own research?

swap passports with haz!

Haz
    Registered UserHey, I am new to : RE

Join DateNov 2012LocationAustraliaPosts6Rep Power0

working in UK

is there much a/c or refrigeration work in the UK. what kind of money do you get and can you get a job ok with a mostly aircon background? wouldn't mind working back home for a bit once I done my trade, what kind of hvac work is there a lot of in the uk if you can do it?

Blog this Post

if you just want to work on transport, then a transitional transport ARC licence can be obtained by having a letter from your (Australian) employer stating that you do the role.

It's been transitional for some 8 ? or so years whilst they decide on the qualifacation required.

Most transport refrigeration in Perth is Rail, as not many operators drive over there these days.
    I would recommend Melbourne,Sydney or Brisbane for a better chance of employment. Perth really is the end of the earth. Takes 30 hours to drive there from Melbourne. 4 to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by gravy258 View Post
    Perth really is the end of the earth. Takes 30 hours to drive there from Melbourne. 4 to fly.
    Got some good memories of Perth.
    After we flew into Perth International (lol), we picked up our hire campervan and found the nearest camp site and bedded down for a kip...didn't work as it was just too hot, so we ventured out onto the main road and found a bar...(as you do). It had betting machines in the bar area and pool tables and pole dancers in the back bar.

Sipping (honest) my first Aussie beer, the bloke on the bar stool next to me threw a dollar onto the bar and said to the girl serving ' here's a dollar luv, get 'em out'

I had a free shot/look

The missus said...I don't like it in here, can we go?

Sorry for hijacking the thread!!

I went there last year,wow it's awesome stayed about a month the guy who has a transport business there treated me first class the e everyday people you meet are warming going back hopefully December this year to experience it again,old story if you are a grafter then you will have no problem finding work,I would stay forever but too many commitments in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by cadwaladr View Post
    I went there last year,wow it's awesome stayed about a month the guy who has a transport business there treated me first class the e everyday people you meet are warming going back hopefully December this year to experience it again,old story if you are a grafter then you will have no problem finding work,I would stay forever but too many commitments in the UK
    Melbourne (Victoria, Aus) is known for it's 4 seasons in one day.
    I was a visitor along the Mornington Peninsula for 5 weeks back in my earlier years.
    Last edited by mikeref; 31-08-2014 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Unpredictable weather was a right pain.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Frank. You should have applied for a 6 month Visa.
    6 months might be enough time to see more of the OZ wildlife...as we say.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Did not get to see four seasons in one day in Melbourne but definitely three!

Having been most places in Oz multiple times. Adelaide would be my choice.

Done the multi seasons in Melbourne, seriously hot to nut cracking cold in 4 hours. Great city though. Sydney just hot and full of r soles, Brisbane sweaty hot and some, great people, real people like Mike ref even though he lives way way north of Brisbane

tell Daniel to contact me when your here i'll come round and say g'day

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
    Having been most places in Oz multiple times. Adelaide would be my choice.

Done the multi seasons in Melbourne, seriously hot to nut cracking cold in 4 hours. Great city though. Sydney just hot and full of r soles, Brisbane sweaty hot and some, great people, real people like Mike ref even though he lives way way north of Brisbane
    Have to laugh at the time when we had 3 drivers to make the trip from Cairns to Brisbane in 18 hours.... towing a "Cobra" Catamaran. One driver was only going to Brisbane and that left the Cat's owner and myself to drive through New South Wales and down to the bottom end of Victoria.

Mornington Peninsula, a short drive South of Melbourne greeted us with a fine and calm day. Several hours later....we needed to find shelter and an anchor for our Catamaran sitting on the beach. WTF?
    We were there to compete in the OZ national titles.

Last edited by mikeref; 04-09-2014 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Wind powered crafts.