facebook friend or dangerous?

I use this medium to communicate not like some who put everything they do and think about on it,lately found its open to rumour mongering etc would like to know other peoples views

Re: facebook friend or dangerous?

I'm not at all sure about the new messenger app. I'm told (I admit I haven't read it myself) that the T&C let them do pretty much any ring they want, including eavesdrop on your phone!

Otherwise, it's just like any other social medium - lots & lots of people spouting opinion & rumour with (IMO) as much chance of me reading the truth as if I read the newspapers.

It is handy for keeping in touch with family & friends overseas. And I have reconnects with a few people whom I regretted losing contact with pre web based social media.

I have a profile which I keep for friends and family. I must say it has helped me reconnect with a lot of people from school going days and old workplaces. My opinion is that it is a good thing when used solely for the purpose it was intended for in the beginning.

Very interesting! Why are people so worried that someone will follow them?
    You are the stars of show business?
    You are a brilliant scientist - the inventor?
    Spy?
    Statesman?
    Or you are preparing an attack on Obama?
    Most people are of no interest to the security services, and I do not understand why people are experiencing due to shadowing.

ive got 2 fb acc's 1 for friends/family- 1 for fridgy mates- 1 acc had bosses son on it who used to go squeelin to his dad when we posted anything offensive about work!- so i use my other account for that! haha

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    ive got 2 fb acc's 1 for friends/family- 1 for fridgy mates- 1 acc had bosses son on it who used to go squeelin to his dad when we posted anything offensive about work!- so i use my other account for that! haha
    Ah that's the answer two accs just get a lot of so called friends who drop me in the manure on it sometimes

[QUOTE]Very interesting! Why are people so worried that someone will follow them?

Well, social media sites might allow something personal slip. One has to be careful if posting in an open (public) forum. Call me suspicious if you like..( Going to scan parked vehicles from my window now.)

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

i just cant stand the selfie culture ffs when did it become so acceptable to be so vein????

Quote Originally Posted by leegally1983 View Post
    i just cant stand the selfie culture ffs when did it become so acceptable to be so vein????
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6UAYGxiRwU

Got off FB a month ago. Might go back on but don't know when.

Every time I hear 'Facebook' I think of the people off Jeremy Kyle who are In a relationship and 'Facebook official' reeks of paternity tests on the cheap!!!

so none of you want a friend request then!- didnt wanna see piccys of your pets anyway!

It's actually very safe. Unless, of course, you add people that you don't know at all.