searle twin evap

Hi all been to look at a twin searle evap system on a old prestcold unit the unit furthest away start to frost back heavily after checking gas pressures at condensor all seem ok i am wondering if the tev maybe open too much but i couldnt check anyrhing due to the factory being in production any advice is very welcome

Re: searle twin evap

Check the coil is clean, and free of frost. You can still check the superheat at the compressor, will give you a pointer to whats going on.
    Is it a chiller or a freezer?
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

could be numerous faults think i would start at the one thats not iced the fault maybe with that one possible restriction causing the other to do too much work?

Everhthing seems fine its 2 twin discharge air evaps but the furthest one away frosts over the coil not alot but enough to cause concern they have been using a hot pressure washer under it but it got isolated and hasnt made a difference

Went back to the system pressure washed all 3 evaos found 1 of them losing heat through the liquid line the other 2 evaps are pretty even temp right across its only the 1 would i be right im thinking the tev is u/s

Grab on the TXV bulb with your hand and see if it responds by oppening, doesw it open? if a solenoid valve pressent does it ice up?

if there is a way to isolate the evap you can dismantle the valve and give the internals a cleaning and lubricate with clean oil then re-assemble and test again, if valve responds then issue would be the distrobuter for the evap may be clogged with debree.

All so befor any thing make sure the bulbe is firmly clamped the pipe at the correct possition! some times the simplist is the problem!
    Now in Redvers Sask.

It was the tev at fault on the unit that were doing sweet fa help hand uver bulb and not a sausage pumped down remove replace valve all food it looks as if the pin in the old valve has stuck in position