frostysnowman Guest

Question maintainance quote

Hi, just found this site so hope someone can help.

Having just recently started up working on my own after leaving a large refrigeration company, I have been asked to quote for a maintainace contract. This is including labour but excluding parts. The maintainance will consist of various single door and double door uprights, fridges and freezers etc in a coffee shop. Having only been on the repair side I am new to working out quotes like this. Can anyone give a rough guidline to what to charge. All the equipment is just out of warranty so not too old? dont want to overquote but dont really want to be left out of pocket either!

Re: maintainance quote

a rough guideline is this:
    multiply your cost of labour hourly rate by how long you expect the job to take, then add a fraction of your daily overheads, next add some profit, about 25% should do it.
    From my experiance there is no money in servicing and maintainance, but!!! you get first dibs at new installs and you get to make your money on new parts when breakdowns occur. Look at it as advertising or customer liasons. Hey presto........ your in profit.

cheers

eggs

You got to consider that some units might never cause any problems. Others will break down more. If you have experience of the kit from your previous job consider how often you had to visit that over the year. Evaluate each system individually and give them a total figure. Are you the only one biding for the contract?How far do you need to travel.The hardest part when you first start up is always being able to cover contacts with other comitments. You should allow for maintenance two times a year. Do the first as soon as possible to prevent failure from silly things. Looks good too as they are getting something for the money straight away.Time to show them what you can do. Remember the more contracts you get the risk of a major time taking breakdown is spread over more systems.Remember your time is not free. Think like you are supplying an insurance policy on the site some may make money some may loose money.When you get called out add the cost to you in hours over the year get the price right next time and add some.

I love maintenance contract. LOCK IN YOUR CUSTOMERs. If you've been around a while, you should know approximately what it will take to keep a machine running. we write annual service contract - normally include material and labor for a fix fee (customer paid up front). no more waiting for a pay check. very profitable. GO FOR IT !!!
    Be Happy