Angry Samsung AQV12VBAN switching itself off

Hi All,

I have a Samsung AQV12VBAN with a very strange fault.
    When turned on everything will power up ok for between 30 to 40 seconds, then the unit will just switch off, as in completely dead, no error codes, no display just off.
    About a minute later the system will make its distinct power on chime and spring back into life for another 30-40 secs, and then fault will re-occur.

I have checked the power at the indoor and outdoor units between N & Terminal 1 and both (yes both) are dead when the unit powers off.

It gets stranger ..... I took the front cover off the indoor unit and checked the P.C.B. for dry joints (a couple look a bit suspect, but nothing glaringly obvious) and then put the P.C.B. back into position and switched it back on with the cover still off, IT RAN !!!!!!!
    For about 20 mins the cooling was fine coil was sweating no problem at all. I put the front cover back on but left the display and motor disconnected, it stayed on for a few mins. So I isolated it and re-connected the display, then within 40 seconds the unit switched off again. I thought i had cracked it so i turned the power off again, disconnected the display but no joy.... the thing still turns off after 30 - 40 seconds.

I am suspecting there is an issue with the indoor P.C.B. overheating or something, almost seems like a thermal cut-out of some description, as any other power disruption wouldnt reset itself with such regularity. Is it just co-incidence that the unit ran after i had took the P.C.B. out? Maybe it had chance to cool down or something ??

I am a bit puzzled now and would appreciate any help that you Samsung Techies could give me.

Btw this system is about 5 years old and has not had any issues until the last couple of weeks!!

Many Thanks

Re: Samsung AQV12VBAN switching itself off

*** Update ***

Replaced the indoor P.C.B. and voila... it works fine. So much for Samsung technical (via a certain UK supplier, mentioning no names, but they are Hopeless at Rectifying Problems), who tried to tell me that my customer had issues with his electricity supply, as there is no way that the indoor and outdoor can lose power at the same time !!

Anyway replaced the P.C.B., inputted the samsung programming code (05 47 77 - 17 52 1d) and then the distinctive starting chime and no more problems.

Hope this helps somebody else at some point !!!

Re: Samsung AQV12VBAN switching itself off

It will definately help other people. Had a similar situation but mine turned out to be a loose connection.