Daikin Master Slave Help

Hey all,

I am Joel, and I am having some trouble with my homes aircon system and I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some help.
    I am studying mechatronics at uni so I have some knowledge on circuitry and what not but without some expert help, I wasnt going to just start flipping switches.

My house is fitted out with the Daikin FTXS25VMA split cycle system, We had the aircon guy come out and set it up but he got the master and slave configuration wrong, he set the master aircon to the lounge room instead of my parents bedroom.

From my understanding I need to set all SW3 dip switches to OFF apart from the master which 1 is ON. Like I said my understanding of these systems is basic and if I have that wrong I hope you can help

2014-07-31 13.38.46.jpg

Many thanks,

Joel

Re: Daikin Master Slave Help

the ftxs is an indoor fan coil.
    what is the outdoor unit model?

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    the ftxs is an indoor fan coil.
    what is the outdoor unit model?
    Hey frank thanks for the reply, the outdoor unit has a model number 4MXS80EVMA

Hi mate,

It's not usually necessary to flip those dip switches. I've installed heaps of multi-head split systems like yours and never set any dip switches.
    The first unit turned on becomes the master and all others turned on after that are slaves.
    You will however get a problem if you run any 2 units on 'auto' mode because this uses heating and cooling to maintain your desired temp. All indoor units have to be set to either 'heat' or 'cool' as the unit can only do one mode at one time.
    Hope I can help

Quote Originally Posted by Keza View Post
    The first unit turned on becomes the master and all others turned on after that are slaves.
    You will however get a problem if you run any 2 units on 'auto' mode because this uses heating and cooling to maintain your desired temp. All indoor units have to be set to either 'heat' or 'cool' as the unit can only do one mode at one time.
    Hope I can help
    thanks Keza, I already knew that, I was more talking about one main aircon master that will override any others when it is set to a heat or cool. So no matter what anything else is on, heat or cool, the main aircon unit will determine the setting when it is switched on.

Thats why i was asking cause I read somewhere that If the master aircons dipswitch 1 is on and all other aircons are off than thats the configuration that will occur.
    I just wasnt sure in the circuit which dipswitches were the determining one. Sw1 Sw2 or Sw3. If thats how it works.

thanks for your reply though

anyone got any ideas??

sw3, decide which you want as the master and power down, filck 1 dip switch then power up- that will be the master