Could a propane refrigeration (absorption) system be used to power an turbine?

A propane refrigeration (absorption) system could be the solution I’m looking for. I need an efficient power source for my bubble powered Hydro Blade Turbine http://youtu.be/N3c-Ys0CifI Instead of using my original idea of ignited oxy-propane exhaust, I assume that a closed system of heated and cooled ammonia would be far more efficient. The ammonia gas vapor should have more than enough pressure needed to be released at the bottom of the turbine and travel up through the liquid pushing the turbine blades (or pockets), I don’t think water will work as a liquid (I know pure ammonia gas and water will not), but maybe antifreeze will. Ideally, the turbine will remove most of the pressure from the vapor on its way to the condenser. Will the cycle continue if this depressurizing occurs? I’m sure it wouldn’t be easy to construct, but I just want to know if this seems possible (using a propane refrigeration design to just create pressurized gas and funnel it through a tank of antifreeze several feet tall, in a closed repeated cycling system, and not actually refrigerate anything)? Any other ideas or suggestions?

Re: Could a propane refrigeration (absorption) system be used to power an turbine?

What about using glycerin instead of antifreeze? (please ignore the "an turbine" typo)

Re: Could a propane refrigeration (absorption) system be used to power an turbine?

An organic Rankine cycle can be driven with anything in terms of a fluid that has a steep enough pressure slope with respect to the temperature differences that are driving it. The steeper that slope is the more torque your turbine can make....but to close the loop you either need to induce the liquid to return to the higher pressure evaporator or pump it. If you have a short term thruster in mind you can produce the pressure and temperature conditions in isolation and then produce your power by exhausting the difference(s). What are you trying to accomplish?

Sterl,
    Thank you for your reply. I’m trying to create a system that allows vaporized gas (in this case, an ammonia mixture) to liquefy at room temperature and enter a chamber just below the liquid filled turbine where it is heated and vaporized. The vapor gas is released into the bottom of the turbine as bubbles where it lifts the pockets and accomplishes the primary goal of rotating the turbine which produces electricity. When the vapor gas is released out of the top of the turbine the processes is repeated in a closed system. I’m still in the process of gathering information and should have more to say soon. Thanks again!