Thread: Trane querie

Trane querie

Hi All

I have the following request from South Africa. Can anyone help put me in the right direction please?

Herewith info for the Trane unit, we require a module (touch pad) for it.

Chiller model number: RTAC250

Serial number: EKT3365

Part number of Module: MOD02092 (this was the number given by the company Redbase in Johannesburg South Africa)

Regards
    Abe

Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

Re: Trane querie

http://www.acmecontrols.com/Shop-All...rane_3/MOD2092
    unprogrammed- dont know if you can pop out the eprom chip or its another 400 dollers for programming it

I'm not sure it's that simple, IM.
    It might be do-able by swapping the EEPROM / EPROM chip, but only if all the LLID binding data is stored on the chip, along with all the chiller specific program.
    The CH530 is designed as a generic controller applicable across any Trane equipment that has CH530 software available for it, hence why it's supplied unprogrammed.
    Iirc, on commissioning, you have to tell the CH530 what equipment it is in. Then you need to activate each LLID & tell the system what device it is. You have to repeat the LLID commissioning bit any time that you replace one - the CH530 cannot tell what it is otherwise.
    I've never had to do any of this myself, but I wouldn't be surprised if even if you swapped the Chip, you find that you still have to recommission the control system.

Abe, I wonder why Redbase is asking you for a replacement? Back in the American Standard days, Trane regions were not allowed to sell into other regions at all. Maybe Redbase didn't like Trane RSA's price!
    As far as I know, the CH530 system is purely a Trane proprietary product - so unless you can find a second hand one on the market, Trane Spares are the only place you'll get one.
    Best ring Paz (UK spares manager last time I checked) & their tech. support (to confirm if I've understood that manual right & the EPROM is in the touch pad panel - and swapping EPROMs won't work) to be honest.
    Just don't tell him that it's for an overseas client, or (if the rules are still the same) he won't be able to help you!

Good luck mate.

I also wonder why Redbase are asking you for this? Redbase are trane agents for south africa's northen region themselves. there are two trane representatives in south africa the other one is service first international in the southern region.

Press, I suspect the situation is this:
    Abe's potential (?) client got a part no. & price from Redbase. They didn't like the price, so they're trying to get the part from elsewhere.
    I think Abe's cut & pasted the info from his client, so it accidentally reads like Redbase are asking for the part.

Anyway, gotta be careful when trying this trick as I posted above.