Angry Mr. Slim stops cooling

Hi all,
    I have a Mitsubishi Mr. Slim mini split heat pump system with 3 indoor units on one outdoor unit. The system is about 5 or 6 years old, and starting this season every once in a while the units just stop cooling. The fans on the indoor units continue to run but the air changes warm. Pressing the off button on the controller and restarting the units after a few minutes returns the cold air... for a while. I had the serviceman out a few months ago and they said it was corroded contacts on the condenser. I called Mitsubishi, and they tell me to call a serviceman. I need a reliable ac for my equipment. I wont be looking to Mitsubishi again..

Thanks for your help

Re: Mr. Slim stops cooling

I would get a second opinion from another ac person. Mr slim is generaly good equipment.
    Any fault codes?
    any indoor units flashing?
    did they guys who came,replace any parts .

I find Mitsi elec is the best kit around, better than Daikin imo

still learning,

the operation light was blinking when the units stopped cooling. All they did was clean some corroded contacts and clean debris out of the condenser.

Owen

The light blinking,when. The unit stops . Points to a fault.
    you dont sound very confident of your
    engineers who came round.
    a revist is needed.
    ask them about fault codes,you could do this over the phone.
    how to get the faultcodes out of your remote control

Hello, start the unit, let it start blinking and post here how many times it blinks. For instance, 3 blinks pause 3 blinks...

Tell us how many so that we can tell you the error

Mitsubishi is about as good as you can get in the Small Split AC market. The problem is clearly with :-
    A) Your lack of knowledge
    B) Your choice of 'serviceman'

Nice one kad.
    i too will learn something here.
    as no one has told me how to get the faultcodes.
    however, i know if i ask a question on this forum, i will get a good,sound reasoned answer.

model of outdoor unit?, indoor controllers hard wired or infrared? then we can give accurate advice
    Quote Originally Posted by novalfs1 View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a Mitsubishi Mr. Slim mini split heat pump system with 3 indoor units on one outdoor unit. The system is about 5 or 6 years old, and starting this season every once in a while the units just stop cooling. The fans on the indoor units continue to run but the air changes warm. Pressing the off button on the controller and restarting the units after a few minutes returns the cold air... for a while. I had the serviceman out a few months ago and they said it was corroded contacts on the condenser. I called Mitsubishi, and they tell me to call a serviceman. I need a reliable ac for my equipment. I wont be looking to Mitsubishi again..

Thanks for your help

I will pay closer attention than I have the next time they stop working. I believe that when the units weren't cooling the operation light was blinking steadily, without a pattern.

Unfortunately, my system is for more than the comfort of my employees and I need ac now, not after the repair outfit arrives so I just power the head units off, then back on again to temporarily correct the problem.

My serviceman is the local Mitsubishi authorized dealer that originally installed the units.

My controllers are infrared. I can climb up on the roof and get information off the condenser when I get back into the office if that helps.