Thread: Wiring Diagrams

Wiring Diagrams

Im intrigued how engineers "learn" to read manufacturers wiring diagrams. Ok, you can learn from a senior tech where you work whilst youre still an appy, at college on your fridge course, or as part of your engineering degree course.

Is there any other "way" which is dedicated to fridge systems, which covers all the different wiring diagrams, teaches on symbols used in this industry, or even better a book?

Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy
    I don't know about the other Aiyub but I suppose I was self taught in that a wiring diagram is hopefully included in the equipment itself.

The different symbols have been picked up from component boxes, visually obvious symbols and the best way is by asking someone who knew what they were doing.

Making sense of the drawing and the intended method of operation is, however, a more time consuming matter. I tend to find that things like ice-machines are a real brain killer for me. They seem to use back feeds through components the activate something else to save on using another switch or 'stat etc.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Carrier training used to provide as part of their 'tech service course', a step-by step guide to assembling & building a schematic wiring diagram based on a 'typical' airconditioning system.
    They used the standard U.S. style of symbols, which were easily understood. It came in book form.(Slides available at that time) It just might be available still.
    Great for training apprentices/ trainees.