Good old FF200E...

Looks like I have the same problem as everyone else with the Hotpoint FF200E - fridge warms up, freezer stays cold. I've called an engineer out, and while they were kind enough to show me how to remove the panel and defrost the ice build-up in the freezer - they didn't do a long-term diagnosis/fix. When they first did the defrost it lasted a good 2-3 months until I needed to do it again - but this time it's only been two weeks since the last defrost before it needed doing again.

Sadly, I am not fridge engineer, so a lot of the postings on potential solutions are well over my head. Hence, I am actually hoping someone could recommend an engineer - but one who actually knows this problem and will actually be able to fix it. I don't just want another defrost. Does anyone know anyone good who can help with this? Hemel area of Hertfordshire.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Good old FF200E...

Sorry, that should have read FF200L not FF200E - good start for first post

To anybody who comes here from a search (a bit late for original poster): there's a very long and very informative thread at
    http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...-Freezer-Fault
    All the answers are there, but it's a long read.
    To tell you what's in the thread (but no actual answer here): There are lots of variants of this model with different brands and model numbers. The warm fridge - cold freezer is very common. The Service Manual doesn't mention it, Hotpoint deny it, and lots of repairmen either don't know or don't do anything (typically melt ice with hair-drier, get paid, leave). A set of three parts is suggested in the long thread, with part numbers; total cost of parts, not including labour in the UK is about £100.

There are design issues with thermostats not in the best place, etc. A competent repairman can fit replacements in more appropriate places in some models (the three parts mentioned above).

Some things can have failed and simply need replacing. e.g. a sensor or defrost heater.

Some parts in some particular models can't be replaced if they fail.

A failed fridge will still work, but needs fairly frequent defrosting.

Much detail on all of these possibilities, and diagnostic information, in the long thread.

these have a design fault you need to replace the heater complete kit and the evaportor cover which includings fan and the foil tape that you need when replacing them if not will fail again
    check out my website www.airkooldomestics.co.uk